I received a lot of feedback and general support from entrepreneurs who took the time to read my argument about accelerators vs. venture studios. In general, the model at InsightStudios resonates deeply with entreprenuers.
I think this is why.
- Entrepreneurs love to solve problems and build companies around them. InsightStudios does that so it's awesome by definition.
- InsightStudios was created by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. We aren't VC's or anything else. We are anti-establishment. That's awesome too.
- Real entrepreneurs don't do startups because they are sexy or trendy. To us, they are hard, painful and joyful all at the same time. We create startups not because they are easy, but because they are hard. We also know our startups can make a difference. The bigger the challenge, the more glorious our victory! Nothing challenges us as much so we keep doing them.
- Every entrepreneur has more ideas than she can chase down in a lifetime. The InsightStudios model gets leverage on business creation, which allows Creative CEOs to do what they love - create awesome companies! Our two phase model of Creation and Execution CEO's allows entrepreneurs to focus on their characteristic strengths and do what they do best. At InsightStudios, they can do all the great things they love without all the tedious stuff.
- We are serial entrepreneurs for a reason. We may be irrational, certifiable even, but we aren't going to to stop anytime soon. We embrace the craziness of our ideas and within ourselves.
Below is an excerpt from an email I sent this morning. I think it captures why I'm focusing on InsightStudios.
From: Dave Linhardt
It's funny. I developed the concept as a natural evolution from FounderSensei. The logic was this: if you believe in the process you've developed, what's the best way to make money with it?
After I defined the business model and the brand name, I learned that venture studios are an emerging trend. They are becoming a "thing." It seems I'm not the only entrepreneur who thinks this is a better way to build startups. That's really cool as it should help us progress, attract capital, etc. There is nothing more powerful than an idea who's time has come.
And I'm not ready to hang up my spurs just yet.
Founder & CEO
We use insight to create high-growth technology companies