We Provide Entrepreneurs To Create New Growth
Disruptive innovation requires a certain mindset. It's a different way of thinking. It's a different way of behaving. Entrepreneurs are the crazy ones who create new, disruptive business models that fly in the face of conventional wisdom. What is a startup without an entrepreneur to create it? Nothing.
The problem many companies have is they just don't have many entrepreneurs on the payroll. Most employees and executives have spent their careers executing known business models. As a result, they are really good at execution when the parameters are known. The problem is, they just don't have enough experience creating new business models from scratch. Most have no experience with this different way of thinking. It's a simple gap in experience, skills and mindset.
For established companies who must expand beyond their current businesses, the EIR (Entrepreneurs-In-Residence) Network is a group of experienced entrepreneurs that provides the entrepreneurial mindset, energy and grit required to create disruptive digital businesses from scratch. Unlike internal employees or external consultants, our EIRs combine strategy and implementation into a complete business creation package. When added to a project team, or assembled in an Innovation Outpost, EIRs are our clients' secret weapons.
Every InsightStudios EIR must meet the following criteria.
- Has created at least two startups from scratch
- Has one startup success, and one failure
- Is an expert practitioner of lean startup and design thinking principles
- Excels as a Hacker, Hustler, Designer or Product Visionary
- Has entrepreneurial DNA deeply ingrained in who they are
The standard to become an InsightStudio EIR is extremely high. These types of entrepreneurs are like eagles. They don't flock. You find them one at a time. Most of the EIRs in our network are working on new startup ideas and they are in between startup projects from time to time. During their transition time, they are available for Outpost engagements of 3, 6, 12 months or longer. EIRs continue building on their innovation experience as they move from pure startup projects to corporate-sponsored Innovation Outposts. The result is a highly-trained, highly-experienced individual that brings something truly unique to the table.
Entrepreneurs Are good At Searching For New Sources Of Growth
The EIRs mission is a temporary one. It's intended to last only as long as it takes to find and validate a scalable, repeatable business model. Once proven, the new business model can be integrated back into the existing organization where it can be another line of business for the existing team to execute on. The goal is to move from unproven to proven business model so you can execute the new model and turn it into meaningful growth.
Entrepreneurs think and act differently than corporate people do. When your task is creating a new business model, adding just one entrepreneur to your team can make the difference between success and failure.
Example Situations That Benefit From An Entrepreneurial Approach
- Your business isn't growing as fast as it needs to
- Your team is busy executing the current business model and they don't have time to pursue new opportunities
- You've launched a great product, but customers aren't buying
- Your startup has hit the skids and you're having difficulty jump starting it
- You are winning with one customer segment, but losing with an important customer segment
- You think you've found product-market fit, but you don't know for sure
- Your business and industry is being disrupted by new technologies and well-funded startups
- Your tried and true processes for creating value and growth just aren't working any more
Our entrepreneurs are trained in our proven methodology, called Insight-Driven Iteration. This proven process is the best way for finding, validating and scaling new sources of growth.
- Proprietary network of 100+ experienced entrepreneurs
- Every entrepreneur is experienced in creating a new business from scratch
- Highly-trained in our breakthrough innovation methodology, the best way to find sources of growth
- Available for short-term assignments
- Located across the country, able to work on site or in virtual mode
- Pursue new sources of growth without disrupting your existing team
- Chase down new opportunities that don't lead to lay offs if they don't pan out
- Get a head start on growth that you will need six to 24 months down the road
- Alleviate anxiety because you aren't pursuing new opportunities that can take your company to the next level
- Improve your executive skills as an ambidextrous business leader and innovator
- Uncover valuable customer insights that will propel your business into the future
Contact Us Today!
Contact us and receive a free 30-minute assessment of your current business situation. Just fill out the form below and we will contact you to schedule a convenient time to learn if our EIR Network can take your business to the next level.